Goose Pet Insurance covers your pet for injuries (Accident Only Policy) or for injuries & accidents (Accident & Illness Policy). The coverage includes veterinary exams and treatment for a covered injury or illness, such as tests, surgery, hospitalization, and emergency ground pet ambulance. The coverage is subject to co-payments and deductibles as listed on the declarations page.
An Accident is defined as a sudden or unexpected event that causes Injury to Your Pet. An Illness is defined as any change to the normal healthy state of Your Pet, a sickness, disease, or Medical Condition that is not caused by an accident.
The following endorsements are included in every Goose Pet Insurance policy:
Fifty percent (50%) of the medications your vet prescribes as part of your pet’s injury (or illness, if covered with the Accident & Illness Policy) treatment.
- Endodontic treatment for dental injuries, including but not limited to root canals and crowns when deemed to be medically necessary.
- Dental extractions that are medically necessary due to a covered Injury or Illness.
Mortality Benefit Endorsement
Provides the following coverage if your pet dies or must be euthanized by a vet as a result of a covered injury (or illness):
a. Up to $250 dollars for cremation and burial expenses; and
b. The price you paid for your pet. If you didn't pay for your pet or do not have an original receipt as proof of how much you paid, we will pay you the lesser of the current local humane society adoption fee or $150.
There is no Copayment or Deductible applied to this coverage. Exclusions apply, see policy wording for details.
Cancer Coverage Endorsement – Accident and Illness Policy Only
Includes the cost of cancer treatment for pets, such as chemotherapy and radiation, which is excluded from the standard Accident & Illness coverage.
The Policy does not cover the following: (not an exhaustive list of exclusions, see policy wording for details)
- Costs or fees for vitamins, natural supplements, and all food
- Costs or fees for bathing or grooming your pet, unless a Vet certifies that bathing was medically necessary.
- Costs or fees for any form of housing, including but not limited to cages, whether rented or purchased
- Costs or fees for obedience or training classes.
- Costs or fees for Preventive Care products or services
- Cost or fees for cosmetic, aesthetic, or elective surgery
- Costs or fees for Treatment of any Pre-existing Conditions.
- Costs or fees for Treatment for which You were previously advised by a Vet required Preventive Care measures and You did not do so.
Please be advised that as of Friday, September 9, 2022, we are no longer writing new business for pet insurance. If you have a policy currently and cancel it or let it lapse, we cannot reinstate it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.