The vast majority of Travel Insurance policies do not provide coverage for COVID-19 related expenses while traveling abroad, especially with government advisories in place warning against international travel. Any new or reinstated travel advisories do not impact Goose's COVID-19 coverage. Whether you are vaccinated or not here's what Goose's Pandemic policy provides:
1. Worldwide coverage: Provided you are traveling outside of the United States. The policy covers up to 30 days of travel per trip, and you can travel as many times as you like during the 12 months of coverage.
2. Trip Cancellation & Interruption:
- For trip cancellation to be included when purchasing this policy, it must be purchased within 72 hours of paying for your trip
- For trip interruption, it will provide coverage up to $2,500 per trip, per person (up to a maximum of $10,000 per family). Let’s say you tested positive for COVID-19 during your trip and your travel plans were interrupted, this policy will cover for your non-refundable trip costs such as a flight to another country that you were planning to visit during this trip.
This applies for any potential new travel advisories that might be put in place due to COVID-19.
3. Quarantine expenses: Goose’s COVID-19 policy also includes coverage for quarantine expenses following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis of you or your travelling companion while traveling (up to $200 per day, for a maximum of $2,800) for meals and accommodations.
4. COVID-19 related medical expenses: If a traveler (more than 15 days old and less than 75 years of age) happens to contract COVID-19 while traveling outside of the United States and needs emergency medical care as a result, this policy provides up to $500,000 to pay for those eligible medical expenses. The $500k coverage limit is per insured traveler, per trip and covers you anywhere in the world.
*Please note: this does not provide coverage for non-COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses, you’ll still need a Travel Medical Insurance policy to cover other events that occur during your trip.