The vast majority of Emergency Travel Medical policies are not providing coverage for COVID-19-related medical expenses while traveling abroad, especially with government advisories in place warning against international travel.
Goose & MSH's new COVID-19 Pandemic policy addresses this gap in travel insurance policies.
- Obtain a quote in about 60 seconds via the Goose mobile app (for smartphones & tablets).
- It is an annual policy with a single premium based on your age and smoking status and covers you for unlimited trips during the year.
- You can take off as often as you want throughout the year on trips of up to 30 days each.
- Extensions of coverage are available for longer trips upon request and for an additional premium. (You currently need to speak with a Goose Agent to add any extensions for trips longer than 30 days. The total trip length maximum is 180 days.)
- Includes coverage for Quarantine expenses following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while traveling (up to $200/day, to a maximum of $2,800) for meals and accommodations.
- Also provides Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption coverage up to $2,500 per person, per trip! (max $10,000 per family, covers COVID-related reasons only)
- Insurance is underwritten by Lloyd's, and claims are administered by MSH International Ltd.
How It Works
If an insured traveler (from 15 days old up to 74 years of age) contracts COVID-19 while traveling outside of the United States and needs emergency medical care as a result, this policy provides up to $500,000 to pay for those eligible medical expenses. The $500k coverage limit is per insured traveler, per trip, and covers you anywhere in the world outside of the United States.
Additionally, this policy will provide coverage against other pandemics that may arise in the future.
This can be purchased on an individual basis or as a Family plan (minimum 3 people, with up to 2 adults over the age of 18 and at least 1 child under 21).
PLEASE NOTE that this does not provide coverage for non-COVID-related emergency medical expenses - you'll still need an Emergency Travel Medical insurance policy to cover other events that might occur during your trip, like food poisoning, broken bones, heart attacks, etc.
About MSH International
MSH International (Americas) is the claims administrator for this policy. A trusted provider of customized health and travel insurance, special risk solutions, and assistance since 1946, MSH International (Americas) is attuned to the unique needs of globally mobile individuals and businesses. Through the diversity and strength of its team, MSH provides 24-hour in-house emergency assistance, online capabilities, marketing and communications expertise, and multilingual travel support to clients, empowering them to travel confidently to any destination. MSH is an independent broker, third-party administrator, and proud Lloyd’s of London coverholder.
Have questions? Need to speak with an agent? Feel free to reach out to us and a licensed agent will be happy to help out! Reach us by chat, email, or by phone at 888-374-6673. You can also text us at that number if that is more convenient for you!